- Promote good practice examples of capacity and resilience building and emergency management to improve the management of tsunami risk through preparedness and response activities. Such measures include the following:
- Promotion and enhancement of the institutionalisation of tsunami early warning systems, their implementation and maintenance.
- Mainstreaming of tsunami warning and mitigation system into development policy, plans, practice and legislation.
- Integration of national tsunami programs and experts into the defined national platforms for disaster risk reduction and national disaster management processes.
- Development and adaptation of tsunami-related guidelines, manuals and tools for downstream activities i.e. public information, education, training, communication processes, evacuation planning and drills, standard operating procedures and emergency management.
- Assessments of national capacity and capability to receive and respond to tsunami warnings.
- Coordination at regional and sub-regional levels on the above matters.
- Liaise with Working Groups from the other ocean basins, as well as other working groups within ICG/IOTWS to coordinate and ensure efficient and effective information for tsunami awareness and response.
The Group will be composed of members nominated by Member States, with invited observers, with a chairperson and a vice-chairperson to be elected.